Saturday, May 25, 2013

Packing for the hospital

Its getting so close to all of my prego friends due dates! I cant wait to meet all of Collins' sweet new friends! With that being said Ive told a few friends I would do a post on what to pack for the hospital.  There are a million different websites/blogs that will tell you about a million different things but these are what I considered a necessity or very helpful!

You really dont need too much for baby.  A few cute outfits for the hospital, some caps, and mittens.  Then obviously an adorable coming home outfit!  I also brought a some swaddle blankets (although you can use the ones at the hospital) and a baby blanket!  I know some people are anti paci however we were not and I adore wubbanubs-- Collins has 3 after I had a huge minor freakout when our dog got her first one that she had in the hospital.  Last, I know I have mentioned before I am a fan of the My breast friend over the boppy.  Personal preferance, but bring your nursing pillow if you are planning to breast feed. 
Lastly dont forget your carseat!! I reccomend having it installed and ready atleast by week 37 just incase!!

*Things not to bring-
diapers & wipes- the hospital will provide them so dont waiste yours!
baby shampoo/wash- again use the hospitals
baby toys-all they do is sleep :)

Most of the stuff you need to pack is for you!  Make sure you pack all of your toilitries-  go ahead and buy some so they are packed in your bag--dont plan on throwing them in before you leave.  I also reccomend dry shampoo and face wipes.  If your in labor for a while you will be glad you have those to refresh your look for first photos!  I never leave my house without at lease 2 packs of burts bees so obviously its on by list.  If you dont use it i reccomend packing some kind of chap stick.  Bring a pillow from home ( or 2 so hubby has one)  hospital pillows can kind of suck! 

Next is clothes for you.  Nursing bra & tanks are great! As far as other clothes I hate to tell you but you will still need maternity/stretchy clothes.  Sucks I know but dry it up because thats how it goes.  :)  Gap has some good comfy black workout pants and tanks/tops that are great!!. 

Last dont forget your baby book (or at least a few pages) so you can get foot and hand prints when the nurses have to right after delivery!!  Also your camera, an extra memory card, and CHARGERS!!..for your camera, ipad, phone, and anything else!! Nothing sucks worse than going through labor and not being able to take pics!!

I really hope this helps! I will update later and add some good ideas for dad's bag too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment